Founded in January 2015 by Sacramento Mayor and former California Senate President pro Tempore Darrell Steinberg, the Steinberg Institute is a leading nonprofit public policy institute that engages in effective and comprehensive mental health public policymaking. We believe that access to quality mental health is the most pressing civil rights issues of our time, and we aim to create a system of care in which brain health is treated with the same sweep and urgency as physical health.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES/JOB DESCRIPTION
The Administrative Coordinator plays an integral role on our team. This person takes ownership and full responsibility in managing the institute’s calendar and schedules meetings for our entire team. This person will also coordinate all board meetings, convenings, and other events from start to finish.
The successful Administrative Coordinator will be self-motivated, possess good judgment with a solutions-based mindset, have excellent verbal and written communications skills, the ability to anticipate the needs of others, a commitment to excellence, and a strong eye for detail. Our office environment moves at a fast pace and demands flexibility, a good sense of humor, a passion for mental health, and a desire to learn and grow.
- Effectively schedule all meetings and manage all related logistics for staff, the founder of the institute, and board members
- Seamlessly administer meeting details (online, conference calls, face-to-face) from beginning to end in a timely and professional manner
- Notify staff of key calendar deadlines
- Provide staff with the necessary materials/background prior to meetings
- Take precise minutes during board meetings and other high-level meetings when requested
- Take and distribute succinct notes from staff meetings
- Responsible for all the planning, preparation, and all related logistics for the quarterly board meetings, including board packet preparation and meeting minutes.
- Responsible for all the planning, preparation, and all related logistics for any institute events.
- Ensure cloud-based filing system is utilized correctly and organized
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with administrative colleagues to better facilitate speedy scheduling
- Provide general administrative support to staff as needed
- Other duties as requested by the Director of Administration (direct supervisor) or by Executive leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years administrative, scheduling, and calendar management experience
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and presentation applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary range is $50,000-$65,000 annually and is commensurate with experience. The institute provides a comprehensive benefits package offering excellent health, dental, and vision coverage; the option to opt into a 401(k) program with an employer match; ongoing professional development; parking subsidy; vacation and sick leave; and a generous holiday schedule. This position is exempt, and the Administrative Coordinator is expected to work the appropriate and necessary time to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
The Steinberg Institute is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff. We believe the power of diversity enriches all of us by exposing us to a range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions.
The Steinberg Institute is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a cover letter that summarizes your qualifications and describes your interest in the position. Attach your resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the position (Administrative Coordinator) in the subject line of your email. This position is based in our Sacramento office; there will be no paid relocations. We aim to fill this position immediately and will accept resumes until the position is filled.