The Steinberg Institute is accepting applications for the position of office manager. Please read on for more detail:
Job Title: Office/Project Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Founded in January 2015 by Sacramento Mayor and former State Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg, the Steinberg Institute is a leading nonprofit public policy institute that supports and encourages effective and comprehensive mental health policy-making; engages business leaders and other non-traditional stakeholders; evaluates the impact of current investments; and implements a bold, best-practices vision to advance mental health services and integrated systems of care.
The Steinberg Institute is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, solutions-oriented self-starter who has a passion for details. The successful candidate will possess superior judgment, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and will enjoy managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Serve as the first point of contact for incoming calls, email inquiries and visitors
• Effectively manage the calendar for all staff and interface with the Mayor’s staff to schedule meetings that include him
• Seamlessly administer meeting details (online, conference calls, face-to-face) from beginning to end in a timely and professional manner
• Finalize and distribute correspondence, reports and meeting materials
• Interface with vendors, maintaining office supplies in a seamless manner
• Provide technical assistance and support to staff
• Manage internship program logistics
• Distribute communications to coalition members via a variety of online formats
• Other duties as directed by Executive Director
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of experience in an administrative/project management role
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to anticipate the needs of others
• Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite, social media platforms and alternate presentation applications (example: Prezi)
• Familiarity with the operational activities of a nonprofit organization (meeting minutes, record-keeping, etc.)
• Flexibility, resilience and good sense of humor a plus
Salary and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The institute provides a generous benefits package. The Office/Project Manager is an exempt position and is expected to work the appropriate time to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule.
Please email a cover letter that summarizes your qualifications and describes your interest in this position. Attach your resume and send to email@example.com. Please reference “Office/Project Manager” in the subject line of your email. This position is based in our Sacramento office. We will accept resumes until the position is filled.
The Steinberg Institute is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.